Sunday, July 06, 2008

furthermore...

The title's a redundancy, but I guess it's meant to be like that for emphasis -- since further means to proceed (hence, an action) and more is an issue of quantity.

And so what's the big fuzz? Well, it's the philosopher's disease -- to distinguish.

I'm writing this to express how I've been doing thus far --- after the first quarter of the year and after the summer break. And despite everything that was hurled to me, i could not be but thankful. My gratitude to my every heartbreak, for making me return to where I should be, and for making me realize that I am perhaps really meant for a greater yet humbling task. Thanks for freeing me from my trivial pursuits. Thanks likewise to my superiors who gave me many things to do - it helped me forget. What I've done somehow gave a certain sense of renewal. Thanks for helping me rebuild my dreams. Thanks to those whom I should really think of, thanks for resurfacing and touching my conscience. Thanks for taking me out.

Thanks likewise to good friends who taught me that there's always something to smile about. For the good times and even for the futile attempts to make a sad friend laugh. For the violent threats (tulad ng pagkaladkad sa akin sa patilya at pagbitin sa akin sa puno) just to straigthen me up (as if I've been a blacksheep, hehe). To friends from afar who have been pledging their prayers, to those who check on me from time to time even if schedules and phone signals sometimes do not permit -- i truly appreciate.

As always, life is never easy; but I think this is far better. Perhaps Im really meant to do difficult tasks and to feel its gravity because it deserves my utmost care. I may not be prepared yet to face my ghosts and I can no longer erase bad memories. I'm praying for the grace of forgiveness. I'm praying that things will be fine (even if it might be the same again) by the time I meet all of them once more.

Oh yes, with everything in my hands (and most of which, I actually asked for) -- I think I'm going further and more. I really don't know what's there at the end of the road, but what the heck, it's far better than being stuck and sulking.

And of course, thanks to God - for just being there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home