Thursday, February 07, 2008

out of sight (myra's journal)

I stole some time at the jp2 research center to bloghop (thru proxybrowsing, ahaha nagplug pa. peaceout sir joel, hehehe), then i chanced upon reading a title of one of myra's entries. Uhh, teka, ba't nasa title ang pangalan ko?

http://sturmunddrang.multiply.com/journal/item/2/Out_of_Sight?replies_read=5

I hit on the url then read the entry. It was a write-up for a Retorika class seven years back (2001). Mye's a very good college-friend with whom i shared so many things in common - pareho kaming paxie, scholar, grade-conscious, (semi)student-leader, choirmember, naging titser... only that she chose a path opposite to nerd-dom, naiwan ako sa academe. I remember those days when everyone in our group (the Butterflies) were all academic-freaks and hopeless romantics. But among us, Mye would always stand out, as a matter of fact, she was our class valedictorian.

Reading her entry made me realize how other people see me, especially those whom i always look up to. Given that her entry is written seven years back, it made me recall how I was, and perhaps how I should always be. Philosophy must have given me a tough shell, it made me stronger and wiser but a little less sensitive. I try hard to be upright at all times, but sometimes it could also mean being uptight. I always want to make sense - this is my constant object of strife, nonetheless and to be honest - I still seek for liberation.

Myra Jennifer, thanks for reminding me of who i am. I may not have that long umbrella that I used to carry with me, must have been so drowned with work to forget and must have even turned to be dogmatic and preachy when i remember. Salamat sa paglampas-tanaw.

Salamat sa kumpiyansa. Salamat sa pagtanaw bagaman di niyo ako halos makita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home