Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Marshmallows

Mood: Marshmallowy
- listening to waveback wednesday while am supposed to be asleep, thinking that it's already october.

Prolly because of the mood... or of my persistence (which I hope wont turn into another frustration) to make one within the sembreak, i keep on thinking about marshmallows.

This is the sweet and soft confection that the Americans char/roast during campings, and we Pinoys mix in our buco/fruit salad. Well, it is also a realiable topping to cakes, brownies and even cookies; inasmuch as it goes well with ice cream (talk about rocky road). But what I like best are marshmallow sandwiches --- be it from Gandour, Schwartz or Fibisco.

Chancing upon a show in the Food Network last August, I discovered that making a marshmallow sandwich is just a matter of putting it on top of a meringue (or perhaps even a thin cookie), and dipping it in chocolate after it has gone firm. But I would like to do some modifications.

Hmmm, I miss my hand mixer.

p.s. happy birthday papa. (mama and i will be cooking for you later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home